Friday, September 5, 2014

Just Add Ink #230 - Just Add Dad

Happy first Friday of Spring ~

As it's Father's Day here in Australia this Sunday, Paula suggested our challenge over at Just Add Ink this week.


I went out of my comfort zone with a bright and bold card using Bermuda Bay and the gorgeous Sweet Taffy designer paper framed with the On Film Framelits.  The sentiment was computer generated.  Whilst putting this card together I realised I have no appropriate 'dad' sentiments :(

If you'd like to join the challenge fun, pop over to JAI and check out all the masculine inspiration.

In addition to a few hours at the salon having my hair cut and coloured I'm expecting a lovely big box or two from Stampin' Up! to be delivered today.  There are lots of Christmas goodies from the new Holiday Catalogue coming so hopefully I'll be posting a bit more often soon.  If time is on my side lol.

Hope you have a lovely weekend planned.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Patrice, just wanted to thank you so much for your comments about my crazy, circle rainbow card at JAI. Also thank you for your tips for gold embossing. The gold powder does seem to be much chunkier than say my white embossing powder. Maybe its the type I'm using? Will keep using my static thingy as you suggested and cross my fingers for the next time! Love this Father's Day card by the way. The colours are really stunning and love the graphic shapes and patterns. Very mod!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would have pushed me out of my comfort zone too P, but it did turn out great! Love the strong die cut elements and how the DSP adds bucket loads of texture! ( I got a box today too :) hope your made it!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I love these bright colours!!! I think you've done a fab job :)
    Hope B had a good day on Sunday xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!