Friday, November 14, 2014

Just Add Ink #240 - Just Add Texture

Happy Friday friends ~

Well didn't I have fun in the Hunter Valley last weekend.  Such a beautiful spot, so many lush wineries and little chocolate shops - yep I sampled many!  I even came across two handmade markets so stopped in for a browse and picked up a few little goodies.  Our accommodation was divine and they delivered 'country baskets' full of fresh baked yummies to our door each morning.  The weather was pretty warm, but there was a lovely large verandah with comfy cushions and chairs for us to enjoy.  It was such a tranquil spot.  The concert was A-MAZING as I knew it would be.  Love Jimmy!

I've got a cute little gift bag to show you today.  Chantell chose the new Just Add Ink challenge for this week and wants us to add Texture to our projects.  Fun huh?

I have to admit to quite a few failings with this one.  I'm not usually into mixed media - not that I don't appreciate and love what others do with it, I just don't venture that way myself.  SO.... I had a 'vision' and wanted to use my unopened Whipped Spackle.  Well do you think I could get it to do what I wanted?  Of course not.  So after quite a few disasters I binned it all and went in a completely different direction.  I figured a tag would be easier lol.  Don't you hate when what you have in your head doesn't work?  :(


Lots of texture on this one - washi tape, coaster board, doily, twine, two buttons glued together, glass beads, a wooden peg and that fabulous little flower made with Whipped Spackle (and a stencil of course).  That stuff sure is messy and really hard to see properly in a photo!

If you're up to the challenge why not pop over to JAI and check out the design team inspiration and then link your creation up.  I'd love a few more ideas and tips on adding texture *smile*.

Gorgeous Kid and I have our fortnightly mum and son date tomorrow.  We're off to see the new comedy movie Let's Be Cops.  His choice of course.  I hope you have a lovely weekend planned. Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a terrible time with the spackle P but the flower turned out lovely!! Love all the mixed elements including the hints of washi and doily. Enjoy the movie :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So love. I doff my cap to you for even trying mixed media Patrice. This bag rocks. ooxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've created such a gorgeous flower with that Whipped Spackle stuff (never heard of it myself!). Sounds a little too messy for me, but I love the effect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!