Friday, November 21, 2014

Just Add Ink #241 - Just Add a Sketch

Another Friday rolls around ~

As Christmas gets closer life is getting busier.  All the end of school year activities are starting to fill my diary and I haven't even got to any of my Christmas shopping yet.  Yikes, I'm usually fairly well done and organised by now.  I have a couple of interstate visits coming up too - one down at the South Coast to help a dear friend celebrate a half milestone birthday and a week up in Brisbane to visit my beautiful BFF and her brand new baby boy.  Squeal!

We have a brand new challenge over at Just Add Ink this week, a lovely sketch from Tina. I inked up one of my Clearly Besotted stamp sets, and although I certainly didn't set out to use Christmas colours that's exactly what I've done (Real Red & Old Olive on Basic Black).  I actually made this card on Remembrance Day so I must have been in a poppy kind of mood.


Here is the sketch.  Pop over to JAI and check out the design team inspiration and hopefully you'll find some time to get crafty and join the challenge fun with us.


Until next week....enjoy your weekend!

6 comments:

  1. This has such a classic look Patrice. I love how bits of the flowers spread across all three panels and how intense the red is - just like real poppies in the sun! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous P! Your beautiful bold poppies are so striking....Love this card! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poppies and what a perfect sentiment for an ANZAC Day card. You certainly have a lot to fit into the next five weeks. My diary is filling up pretty quickly too and I've usually finished my shopping by now but not this year. Its so busy but a lovely time of year and I can't help but get excited about Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - this is just beautiful! This poppy stamp is so elegant and your colouring is perfect! You're on a roll Patrice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These is beautiful, the poppies are glowing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful Patrice, and I love the use of the poppies. Perfect for November, being the month of remembrance. The colour scheme is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading them!